– Has taught drums and percussion for 27 years.
– Has led High School percussion sections in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee.
– Currently an active studio musician throughout the Southeast.
– Has performed and recorded with many well-known artists including the Athens, Georgia “Vigilantes of Love”, Northern Ireland’s “Duke Special”, Columbia, South Carolina’s Danielle Howle, and many more.
Kevin is a veteran player and teacher and has the most experience of any of our staff. Kevin is our ‘rock’ drummer extraordinaire and can bash it out with the best of them. He stresses learning the basics and insists that his students learn to read music.
He is excellent with younger students and can teach at any level. When not teaching, Kevin is busy playing as the house drummer at Greenville Little Theater, Spartanburg Little Theatre, and USC Upstate. Kevin is very much in demand for studio recording sessions and finds time to play with local artists, Spartanburg’s Matthew Knights, Greenville’s “The Ragged Orchids”, and others.
– Honors Graduate from the Atlanta Institute of Music and Media.
– 2.5 years classical percussion studies at North Greenville University.
– Studied percussion privately at Furman University.
– Studied privately with acclaimed drummer Jeff Sipe. Also, studied privately with Kevin Heuer for three years at the Charlie Wood Music Center, (now Watson Wood).
– Percussion Captain at Mauldin High School.
– Percussion section leader, Carolina Youth Symphony.
– Winner of statewide drumset competition, 1987.
– Awarded title of Rudimentalist of Year, 1988.
– Recipient of the John philip Sousa award, 1994.
– Has been teaching music since 1992.
– Served as Percussion Instructor for various High School and Middle School drumlines from 1993-2003.
– Currently plays with numerous combos and bands in: Rock, Jazz, Fusion, Funk, and Latin styles.
– Specializes in teaching: technique, time development, rudiments, music reading, and stylistic versatility.
– Has taught at Eastside Guitars since 2000.
– Currently teaches music as an adjunct instructor at North Greenville University.
Tony is known around the store for his quiet, reserved demeanor. He is well known for his ability to play and teach a variety of musical styles. Tony is good with all levels of drum and percussion students. When not teaching, Tony enjoys working out, watching comedies, and just hanging out with friends. In addition to his musical experience, Tony has also earned an Associate’s Degree in Myo-Therapy from Greenville Technical College. Tony currently performs with several bands including: The Horizon Praise Band, since 1999. Funkshua, (a jazz-funk fusion jam band), Professors of Soul, the Calvin Edwards Trio, and a salsa group entitled Alma de Candela.
Matt first picked up drumming at a young age, influenced by his uncle, who was a professional drummer. He played in the middle school band in Houghton, Michigan, before moving to South Carolina.
He began taking private lessons with Eastside Guitars’ Tony Christopher. Matt began playing in local bands in Greenville before moving to Atlanta to study at the Atlanta Institute of Music, where he finished the drum program with honors.
Matt played in the Atlanta area in a variety of bands with different musical styles – including jazz, funk, blues, and rock.
He is currently back in the Greenville area and is focused on continuing his music career by teaching, studying, and playing gigs.
Matt is very patient, making him great for teaching kids, but can offer something for a levels of drumming.
He has a love of all styles of music. When he is not listening to music or playing drums, he enjoys reading, watching documentaries, and being physically active by playing basketball and other sports.