– Bachelor of Arts degree in studio art with a piano and voice minor from Florida State University.
– Winner of the Alma Goudes Encouragement Award from the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions in 2001.
– Received highest score – Superior Plus – from the National Guild of Piano Teachers, Massachusetts Division, in 1992.
– Recently taught voice and piano at the Cambridge School of Weston, Norwood High School, and Harborlight Montessori Schools in Massachusetts.
– Professional opera singer, has sung many roles over the years with several opera companies and orchestras in the United States and Italy.
– Has directed and choreographed several musical theater scenes and co-directed choruses.
– Wendy is proficient in numerous vocal and piano styles, from classical to opera as well as show tunes and modern jazz and pop music.
Wendy is the Music Director and leads a rocking praise band at Horizon PCA. She and her husband, Troy, enjoy cooking, hiking, and their PlayStation 3.
– Bachelor of Music in voice performance from Furman University.
– Master of Music in voice and opera performance from Northwestern University.
– Biennial Collegiate Illinois State Winner of the National Federation of Music Clubs.
– Recipient of the Bravo Award with the Bel Canto Foundation.
– Currently a professional opera and concert soprano.
– Has performed with companies such as Houston Grand Opera and New York City Opera.
– Performs locally with various organizations.
– Has been teaching privately for six years.
– Major focus on vocal health and healthy singing techniques for all stages and in all styles.
Although a native Texan, Kathryn Cavenaugh Knauer has planted her new roots in South Carolina. She has currently performed with the new Greenville Lyric Opera singing “Violetta” in La Traviata and “Pamina” in the Magic Flute. She has also performed with the South Carolina Children’s Theater, and as the soloist with the Greenville Chorale on occasions, such as the Brahms’ Requiem at the Peace Center.
Other than performing or teaching Katie loves to cook and spend time with her husband, seven month old son and beagle and cat.